Darmstadt, 64297 email@example.comChair:
Michael Priestley (Personal)
56 Dingwall Ave
Toronto, ON firstname.lastname@example.orgOASIS Staff Contact:
177 Riverside Drive
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 email@example.com
To develop a specification for a lightweight DITA architecture that can ease implementation by vendors and adoption by users. The architecture will provide:
- Easy out of the box authoring for common topic types
- Out of the box mappings and specifications for authoring these topic types in other formats, such as HTML5 or markdown
- Easy assembly of new specializations from existing section types
- Easy creation of new specializations by generation from a topic type designed for specifying specializations
DescriptionDeveloping Lightweight DITA (LwDITA): an architecture to ease DITA implementation and adoption.
Group NotesStatement of Purpose
To develop a specification for Lightweight DITA (LwDITA), an architecture that can ease implementation by vendors and adoption by users. LwDITA will provide:
- A simplified schema for topics and maps, with fewer elements and tighter content models.
- Out of the box mappings and specifications for authoring topics without XML —using HTML5 or Markdown.
- A simplified specialization architecture to define new topic types.
Subcommittee tools and publications