OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) TC

 View Only

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 15 May 2024 14:00UTC

  • 1.  Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 15 May 2024 14:00UTC

    Posted 28 days ago

    Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 15 May 2024 14:00UTC

    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2024-05-15T14:00:00

    Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe

     

    Participation

     

    Todd Albers

    Craig Atkinson

    Kenneth Bengtsson (chair)

    Peter Borresen

    Michael Coletta

    Paul Donohoe

    Sander Fieten

    Ken Holman

    Yves Jordan

    Wim Kok

    Natalie Muric

     

    Regrets:

     

    Kees Duvekot

     

    Referencing the specification

     

    One of the following should be used as a specific citation:

    -  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.4

    -  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.3

    -  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2

    -  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)

    The following would be used for a general (any version) citation:

    -  OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

    The canonical 2.4 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

    -  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs01-UBL-2.4/

    The canonical 2.3 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

    -  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.3/

    The canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

    -  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.2/

    The canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

    -  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/

    The ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:

    -  http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm/?csnumber=66370

    The ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:

    -  http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/

     

    Standing items

     

    Additions to events calendar - http://ubl.xml.org/events

    None

     

    Wikipedia page

    Updates and maintenance of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Business_Language

     

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

    Minutes available under "Discussion" in the new Community Workspace: https://groups.oasis-open.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer?communitykey=556949c8-dac8-40e6-bb16-018dc7ce54d6

     

    Membership status review

    https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership

     

    New member orientation information:

    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59647

     

    Voting status is determined by the following:

    -  existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to maintain voting status

    -  non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain voting status

    -  members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and their voting status is not impacted

     

    After the shift to the new system, the TC is no longer able to maintain the roster on the OASIS website. The list below is therefore the definitive and authoritative record of voting rights. Current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical):

     

    -  Todd Albers

    o Member of X9, X12 B2X, ISO 20022 Payment SEG, OASIS BDXR, and convenor of the Business Payments Coalition e-Invoice work groups

    -  Craig Atkinson

    o CA Expert UN/CEFACT, Observer OASIS LegalRuleML TC

    -  Kenneth Bengtsson

    o  Chair OASIS BDXR TC, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT

    -  Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

    o Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS, Member CEN/TC434/WS8

    -  Peter Borresen

    o DK Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7

    -  Andrea Caccia

    -  Michael Coletta

    -  Paul Donohoe

    -  Kees Duvekot

    o Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the NEN TC 434

    -  Sander Fieten

    o Cochair OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC, Cochair OASIS BDXR TC

    -  Ken Holman

    o Member OASIS BDXR, member OASIS Code List Representation TC

    -  Yves Jordan

    -  Ole Madsen

    o DK Member CEN/TC440

    -  Natalie Muric

     

    Members gaining voting status after this meeting:

    -  Wim Kok

     

    TC Vitality Check

    The TC must next appoint or reappoint chair(s) in January 2025.

    Next TC vitality check must be made in January 2025.

     

    ICC Standards Presentation

     

    Updated entry to the UNESCAP database: https://www.digitalizetrade.org/implementation-instrument/universal-business-language-ubl

     

    Craig will liaise to get the date of publishment updated once 2.4 is approved as OASIS Standard.

     

    Budapest Face-to-face Meeting

     

    Tentative agenda posted here: https://groups.oasis-open.org/discussion/tentative-agenda-for-the-may-27-to-may-30-ubl-face-to-face-meeting#bmc5fb8cc7-d648-437a-a95e-31675fa824d3

     

    Agreed to dedicate Wednesday to circular data elements and DPP, and to make it a joint meeting/workshop with GS1 and invited participants. Kenneth will update the agenda.

     

    UBL 2.4

     

    Public review of UBL 2.4 as candidate OASIS Standard has been published and will run until May 26. Announcement: https://www.oasis-open.org/2024/04/02/invitation-to-comment-on-universal-business-language-v2-4-before-call-for-consent-as-oasis-standard/

     

    Comments must be submitted to the email address:

    -  Technical-Committee-Comments@oasis-open.org

    and can be viewed here:

    -  https://groups.google.com/a/oasis-open.org/g/technical-committee-comments/

     

    UBL 2.5

     

    Deprecation Policy

     

    The TC has approved a UBL Deprecation Policy version 1.0 available here:

    -  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=71497&wg_abbrev=ubl (PDF)

    -  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=71496&wg_abbrev=ubl (ODT)

     

    Publishing tools

     

    Implement deprecation support in the UBL tools and publishing environment.

     

    Erlend has presented a strawman proposal for a YAML-format for documenting 2.5 work: https://github.com/klakegg/oasis-ubl-model. Agreed that the functionality added by a structured format adds value, not least when adding the complexity of deprecated components. A "front end" layer will be needed for business users to maintain the files.

     

    Master spreadsheets for UBL 2.5 are available here:

    -  Library elements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18o1YqjHWUw0-s8mb3ja4i99obOUhs-4zpgso6RZrGaY/

    -  Document elements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1024Th-Uj8cqliNEJc-3pDOR7DxAAW7gCG4e-pbtarsg/

     

    Ken has created a list of changes based on Definition and Cardinality that can be used to populate the "Last change" column: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202401/msg00013.html. Kenneth will work on updating the spreadsheet models.

     

    Workgroup participants: Erlend and Kees.

     

    Semantic library review

     

    Documents reviewed by the TC:

     

    -  ApplicationResponse

    -  AttachedDocument

    -  DocumentStatus

    -  DocumentStatusRequest

     

    UBL 2.5 issues:

     

    -  UBL-357, Circularity and ESG Information elements, and DPP:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-357

    o See also: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202401/msg00018.html

    § The TC agrees that UBL shall facilitate the requirements of the digital product passport. A new Product Passport document type will be developed for UBL 2.5.

    o Peter and Kenneth are attending WBCSD packaging workshop meetings.

    § Agreed that the UBL TC is interested in establishing a formal liaison if there is mutual interest from the WBCSD.

    § Work is related to DPP and other activities, such as https://environment.ec.europa.eu/topics/waste-and-recycling/packaging-waste_en

    o The final text of the EU eco-design regulation is available here: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/TA-9-2024-0303_EN.html

    -  UBL-375, Standardize use of ApplicationResponse, DocumentStatus, EnquiryResponse, DocumentStatusRequest, and Enquiry:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-375

    o Identified that the use of ApplicationResponse in the Billing diagrams (figures 77, 78 and 79) is incorrect. Kenneth will open a separate ticket.

    -  UBL-376, Deprecate AttachedDocument document type:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-376

    -  UBL-377, new InvoiceResponse document type:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-377

    -  UBL-380, deprecate Freight Invoice:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-380

    -  UBL-379, deprecate Bill of Lading:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-379

    -  UBL-378, remove links from non-normative examples:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-378

    -  UBL-381, review Party ABIE:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-381

    -  UBL-382, new End User Party:

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-382

    -  UBL-383, review supplementary components:

    o Agreed to review supplementary components at our next face-to-face meeting, i.e., the XML attributes listed here: https://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs01-UBL-2.4/UBL-2.4.html#T-UBL-UNQUALIFIED-DATA-TYPES

    o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-383

     

    Can we make a tool that users can run in their local environments to create a report about the use of supplementary components?

    -  Creating a stylesheet to extract the information is simple, but how do we get it out to the users? And what will we use the results for?

    -  Peter will contact users of UBL to assess how much information we would be able to harvest.

     

    Specification review

     

    Divide specification into multiple parts. Aim is to create a multipart specification.

     

    Kenneth will identify the normative parts of the prose specification and create a first draft.

     

    Workgroup participants: Kees, Kenneth, Levine, and Paul.

     

    JSON syntax binding

     

    Develop specification for a UBL JSON syntax binding.

     

    Workgroup participants: Erlend and Kenneth.

     

    Subcommittee reports

     

    UBL Post-award

     

    Nothing

     

    UBL Pre-award

     

    The Pre-award SC will be meeting next time May 22 at 16.00. The main agenda item is to review pre-award information items to identify opportunities for streamlining and deprecation of items ahead of face-to-face meeting.

     

    UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)

     

    The TSC met March 5, 2024. Discussion about deprecating Freight Invoice, and Waybill or Bill of Lading. Peter will send out meeting minutes.

     

    The TSC will meet before the face-to-face meeting. Peter has proposed either Friday 17 at 11:00 CEST or Tuesday 21 at 10:00 CEST, see: https://groups.oasis-open.org/discussion/ubl-tsc-meeting.

     

    Organisation Master Data Subcommittee

     

    Nothing

     

    Payments and Finance SC

     

    Nothing

     

    Commodities SC

     

    Nothing

     

    TC Liaisons

     

    CEN TCs 434 and 440

     

    Agreed at the Copenhagen face-to-face meeting that the UBL TC is open to establish a formal liaison with CEN TC 434 to create a European or international standard for electronic invoicing, if there is an interest from the CEN TC.

     

    OASIS has reported that there is an agreement on a way forward. The TC has agreed to appoint Wim Kok liaison officer to the CEN TC 434, and Peter Borresen as liaison officer to the CEN TC 440, as recorded here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202301/msg00017.html. The appointments have been communicated to OASIS.

     

    ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32/WG 1

     

    Decision to appoint Andrea as liaison representative between ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 and the TC recorded here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202007/msg00014.html

     

    Last year's SC 32 meeting was held on June 2022. OASIS should have been following up with the SC 32 secretariat last year but still no progress. Jamie will follow up with SC 32.

     

    ISO TC 323 (WG5)

     

    Decision to appoint Andrea as liaison representative between ISO TC 323 (WG5) and the TC recorded here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202402/msg00004.html

     

    Subcommittee conference calls

     

    -  Subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis.

     

    TC conference call schedule

     

    Face-to-face meeting

     

    Time and venue for next face-to-face meeting?

     

    Spring meeting:

    -  Budapest, May 27-30, 2024.

     

    Fall meeting:

    -  Confirmed that Logius will host us in The Hague November 11-14, 2024.

     

    Call schedule

     

    Agreed to temporarily suspend the Pacific calls while we have no participants from the Pacific region. Pacific calls will be reinstated upon request from any TC member.

     

    2024-05-21/2024-05-22

    -   Canceled

    -   Pre-award SC will use the regular TC timeslot, 14:00UTC/16:00Europe

    2024-05-27 to 2024-05-30

    -   UBL TC meeting in Budapest

    -   Face-to-face and online

    2024-06-04/2024-06-05

    -   Canceled

    2024-06-11/2024-06-12

    -   Pacific: Canceled

    -   Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe

    2024-06-18/2024-06-19

    -   Pacific: Canceled

    -   Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe

    2024-06-25/2024-06-26

    -   Pacific: Canceled

    -   Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe

     

    TC calendar

     

    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

     

    iCal subscription link: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

     

    Other business

     

    None

     

    Este correo electrónico y cualquier archivo transmitido con él son propiedad de Efact S.A.C., contiene información confidencial, y están destinados exclusivamente al uso de la persona o entidad a la que van dirigidas. Si usted no es el destinatario señalado, no puede difundir y distribuir o copiar este e-mail. Por favor notifique inmediatamente al remitente por correo electrónico si usted ha recibido este correo electrónico por error, y eliminar este correo electrónico de su sistema. Si usted no es el destinatario, se le notifica que revelar, copiar, distribuir o tomar cualquier acción basada en el contenido de esta información está estrictamente prohibida.

    This email and any files transmitted with it are the properties of Efact S.A.C., contains confidential information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.